Tuesday 21 July 2009

Eileen Perrier, photographer


This work is a vibrant and gutsy African mastery that i would like to share with you.

"My work has drawn upon the long tradition of African portraiture since my first visit to Ghana in 1996. My objective was to communicate a less preconceived impression of what it is to be a person of African descent. Colour Photography was my gateway into showing a vibrancy and realness not readily found in the media's reportage, black and white imagery at this time."

"Coming from a mixed cultural background of Ghanaian and Dominican descent and this has presented me with questions about, placement, cultural identity and diversity."

Eileen Perrier will be showing is work at the Whitechapel Gallery from the 4th of August till 20th of September.


77-82
Whitechapel High st
London
E1 7QX

Not to be missed

Manifesto: a means expression

No comments: